08/12/13
23 comments Make This: Cloud Cork Board for Back to School by   |   23 comments

DIY // cork board cloud project

Back to school is right around the corner, and although I don’t have kids of my own, it’s still on my mind.

So, I have a DIY for you that is back to school themed: a cute little cloud cork board to keep organized this school year. Bonus! If you don’t have kids, you can totally still make one of these…It’s perfect for a home office or in the entryway as a landing pad area for pinning up love notes, bills, etc. Hey, I managed to get the words love notes and bills in the same sentence – I think I deserve a small cookie or something.

cloud-cork-board-craft-project

DIY // cloud cork board

up-close-cloud-cork-board

As you can probably guess, it’s pretty easy to make, but the step by instructions are right here if you need ‘em. I would love to make a giant one of these for my (maybe one day) studio, to post to-dos and inspiration. We’ll see.

So, what do you think? Would you make one of these for yourself or is it better reserved for the kiddos?

For more DIY projects like this one, click here.

23 comments to Make This: Cloud Cork Board for Back to School Click here to reply

I would totally make one for myself. It is adorable, and it would look wonderful in my home office. :D

Mia commented on August 12th, 2013 at 8:35 am

Awesome Mia. Glad to hear that.

papernstitch commented on August 12th, 2013 at 9:26 am

Love the dalahäst on the chest! :D

Emma commented on August 12th, 2013 at 10:22 am

Thanks Emma. I’ve had that forever. Love it.

papernstitch commented on August 12th, 2013 at 10:25 am

I love the stripes on this cork board, and your styling as always is impeccable!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Kellyn’s DIY Geometric Birthday Party

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on August 12th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Aw, thanks Kel. :)

papernstitch commented on August 12th, 2013 at 11:04 am

That is adorable!! And I’d want one for myself, for sure!
Nicole Underwood recently posted..Art Inspiration Day

Nicole Underwood commented on August 12th, 2013 at 11:04 am

So cute and easy! I love it! Also, you really do deserve a cookie for getting love notes and bills in the same sentence.

-Becca
Becca recently posted..Buddy and Hank!

Becca commented on August 12th, 2013 at 11:09 am

Oh my goodness! These are so cute! I just love the cloud shape. It makes me want to make one with several different shapes. xx. McKenna Lou
McKenna Lou recently posted..Free Cupcake Printable

McKenna Lou commented on August 12th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I’ve been crafting with clouds shapes and this is exactly
What I was looking for in a cork board!
http://kraftmint.com {beautiful.modern.crafts}
Ursula Rosien recently posted..Stationery: {PINK Back2school DIY supplies}

Ursula Rosien commented on August 12th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

this is so cute idea!!!

STEL STYLE recently posted..ZARA TRF new collection

STEL STYLE commented on August 12th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Brit, I love this styling! The horse and the elephant are like, “What? We’re just chilling underneath this awesome cloud. Don’t even worry about it.”
Chelsea C. recently posted..DIY Camera Strap with Tassels

Chelsea C. commented on August 12th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

this is amazing! been really into cloud shapes recently, this will be great for my studio space.

juni // hej juni commented on August 12th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

This would be super cute in my dorm!! Thanks for sharing!

virginia commented on August 12th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I love your styling. Where is that awesome clock from?

zhenya commented on August 25th, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone! The clock is from West Elm, Zhenya.

papernstitch commented on August 25th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

[…] Cut a cork cloud bulletin board with me on Paper & […]

7 DIYs to Try This Weekend | Paper & Stitch commented on January 10th, 2014 at 9:00 am

Wow! That’s really cute ♥

Love Saralina

Saralina commented on January 12th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Love the idea!!! Definitely doing one for myself!! I just don’t get how you hang it on the wall… No pins, no wires??

Rita commented on January 13th, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hi Rita. You can use Command Strips or sticky foam to attach the cork board to the wall. Works really well!

papernstitch commented on January 13th, 2014 at 10:35 pm

[…] You can find the cork cloud bulletin board that was featured right here. […]

Just a Couple of Things | Paper & Stitch commented on January 30th, 2014 at 9:01 am

[…] Paper & Stitch […]

de domingo… manos a la obra | cocodivision commented on March 2nd, 2014 at 5:27 am

[…] 4) Ok, sono un po’ fissata con le lavagne di sughero ultimamente, ma non potete perdervi questa a forma di nuvola | via Paper & Stitch […]

Top DIYs of the Week #6 | We Make A Pair commented on March 14th, 2014 at 6:14 am