10/14/13
12 comments Make This: DIY Halloween Party Straws by   |   12 comments

Halloween DIY // spooky party straws

I thought I’d kick off this week with another Halloween DIY. And actually, after mentioning it in this post, I’ve decided to dedicate this whole week, Monday-Friday, to DIY Halloween projects. So everyday this week, I’ll have a new DIY (or printable) to share for the upcoming holiday. I hope you’re game. I think it will be fun. And I’ll still have a few ‘spooky’ projects to share in upcoming weeks, sprinkled into the regular content here and there. Cool? Cool!

Okay, so now that that’s out of the way, let’s jump into today’s project…Make these spooky silhouette straws in just a few minutes for a Halloween party or a festive treat in your kiddo’s lunch box (just add a milk or juice box and you’re good to go).

The main materials you’ll need are paper straws, construction paper, scissors, and glue (full supplies list here). And all you have to do is cut various Halloween shapes (bats, cats, and witch hats) from construction paper and glue them to paper straws. Wait for them to dry and add them to a party drink, like this red sangria.

Halloween Straw DIY

Halloween Party Straws DIY

Halloween Silhouette Party Straws DIY

So…what do you think? Would you make these silhouette straws for a Halloween party?

For more photos and a more in depth tutorial, visit my DIY on One Charming Party.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
12 comments to Make This: DIY Halloween Party Straws Click here to reply

These are so cute!!! I love project like this that are super simple to put together but have totally adorable results.

-Becca
Ladyface Blog
Becca recently posted..Weekly Wardrobe and Some Ch-Ch-Changes!

Becca commented on October 14th, 2013 at 10:28 am

Thanks Becca. These are definitely simple. :)

papernstitch commented on October 14th, 2013 at 11:01 am

So adorable! I love incorporating the Halloween spirit in every aspect of our lives :)
Jamie recently posted..October In Pictures {Weekend Roundup}

Jamie commented on October 14th, 2013 at 11:58 am

Thanks Jamie.

papernstitch commented on October 14th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Love the simpleness of this!!
bazarika.wordpress.com

Marifer Borbolla commented on October 14th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Love that bat! It works so well with the black and white chevron straws!!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Confetti Dipped Pumpkins

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on October 14th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

[…] Today’s post is part of DIY Halloween week on Paper & Stitch (all DIYs, all week long). Check out yesterday’s DIY right here. […]

Make This: Creepy Cat Eye No-Carve Pumpkins | Paper & Stitch commented on October 15th, 2013 at 8:01 am

Thanks Marifer. And yes – I have to agree with you Kel. Bats and chevron straws pretty much go hand-in-hand. :)

papernstitch commented on October 15th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the idea. I like the shape of your bats! Very cute. I just did a DIY post featuring bats as well!

Bethany recently posted..Bat Light Garland DIY

Bethany commented on October 15th, 2013 at 9:12 pm

[…] Paper & Stitch (all DIYs, all week long). Check out this week’s other posts so far… Halloween Party Straws DIY and Creepy Cat Eye No-Carve […]

Make This: Fresh Flower Halloween Sign | Paper & Stitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 9:39 am

Thanks Bethany. I’ll be sure to check out your bat project.

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:55 am

[…] & Stitch (all DIYs, all week long). Check out this week’s other posts so far… Halloween Party Straws DIY,  Creepy Cat Eye No-Carve Pumpkins, and a DIY Fresh Flower Halloween […]

Make This: Molded Mini Clay Pumpkins DIY | Paper & Stitch commented on October 17th, 2013 at 8:00 am