Make This: DIY Enamel Camp Mugs for Fall

Usually, it takes a while for fall to start kicking in around here (I do live in Florida, after all), but the last couple of days have been much cooler and breezy. Which is actually getting me excited about fall – something I wasn’t all that pumped about just a couple of weeks ago.

And to get even more into the fall spirit, I thought I would share a recent DIY I created for Tuts+, that screams campfires and hot cocoa: a personalized DIY campfire mug.

This DIY idea is a fun way to dress up a basic set of enamel mugs, with a fun phrase, message, or doodle. Bonus! They make great gifts during the holidays, especially for outdoorsy guys (and girls).

As you can imagine, the process for decorating these mugs is pretty simple. But there’s one quick trick, that I shared here, that makes drawing on a curved surface a little less tricky, if you want to check that out.

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

Think you’ll do any camping this fall? Or at least make a few of these mugs to feel like you are?

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .

These are so adorable! They’d make great holiday presents or are perfect for a hot cocoa bar :)
Sarah recently posted..Jewelry Trays

Sarah | September 30th, 2014 at 10:34 am

I love these, such a great idea! :)

Erin | September 30th, 2014 at 10:41 am

Great gift idea especially with the holidays just around the corner. Thanks for sharing!
xo Rachel

Rachel from Rose Tinted Home | September 30th, 2014 at 11:29 am

So adorable!
chelsea recently posted..Feel Free to Change the World.

chelsea | September 30th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I love “A is for Ax!” So cute.
Chelsea Foy recently posted..Brick Fireplace: To Paint or Not to Paint?

Chelsea Foy | September 30th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I’m definitely going to try this. I’ve seen it before but never actually done it. Might try some frozen quotes out ready for winter ♥

Neesha | September 30th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love this idea! This is definitely being pinned to the prezzies board for christmas!
The Accidental Mama
Laura recently posted..Holy Guacamole!

Laura | September 30th, 2014 at 3:33 pm

This is so cute! Does the Sharpie scrape off with washing and wear?

Jessica | September 30th, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Such a simple yet fantastic idea for a gift! Shall be doing this one when Christmas comes around!
Lucy recently posted..Pink Lemonade

Lucy | October 1st, 2014 at 4:20 am

So simple yet such a brilliant idea! Definitely agree with Neesha about the Frozen quotes…would make amazing Christmas gifts.

Amber | October 1st, 2014 at 8:44 am

My daughter is going to love this project!
Tracy recently posted..Just like Yoda but prettier…

Tracy | October 1st, 2014 at 10:58 am

[…] Psst: If you’re missing chicken, check out this recipe. And if you want to liven-up your enamel mugs, Paper & Stitch has a DIY for that. […]

Veggie Pot Pies in a Mug | The Fauxmartha | October 1st, 2014 at 11:14 am

I love this idea. I need so mugs for our camping trip and these are perfect for that. Thanks for sharing.
Sheer recently posted..Home Inspo: Ladders

Sheer | October 2nd, 2014 at 6:31 am

Awesome, Sheer! Glad this DIY gave you some inspiration for your trip.

Brittni | October 2nd, 2014 at 12:01 pm

[…] Ahhh! Amazing DIY enamel camp mugs […]

Festive Fall Recipes + Friday Link Love - The Sweetest Occasion — The Sweetest Occasion | October 3rd, 2014 at 11:23 am

We own a lot of mugs at home because we’re all British tea drinkers xD So of course, we could always do with more xD I think this looks so cute, to have lovely cursive writing and persoanlised mugs. I would love to put some of my favourite quotes on there.

Check out my post about perspective:
Olivia recently posted..Perspective – Dead Poets Society 3/5

Olivia | October 4th, 2014 at 5:01 am

[…] Banderola 2. Campanas de arcilla 3. Tazas customizadas 4. Collares hechos con corcho 5. Falsas ágatas […]

5 DIYs para intentar este fin de semana | Cosas Molonas | Blog de Inspiración & DIY | | October 4th, 2014 at 5:10 am

Super cute! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing xx
Becky recently posted..Warrior or Worrier?

Becky | October 14th, 2014 at 11:56 am