One of my favorite, FAVORITE pastimes is searching for new props. I don’t know what it is about this act that does it for me, but it really, really does.
Even when I was in Paris and Amsterdam, walking around the city, I was most excited and inspired by the shops that I went into – the little cafes that sold cool books I had never heard of, the endless amounts of amazing housewares stores, etc, etc.
So, I thought it would be fun to share some of the things I’ve purchased lately and give you a little insight into my personal prop shop. Together, these pieces may seem a little random, but individually they’re the perfect addition to my ever-growing collection. Here are 7 things I bought this week…
1. The paint brush was $5 from a little antique store outside of Atlanta. The man behind the counter confessed that when they bought it, they thought it was African, but as it turns out, it totally wasn’t. I just liked the shape of it, so at that price, provenance wasn’t high on my list of needs.
2. A set of two coil nesting baskets (the little one was $1.50 and the big one was $2). I like this coil basket even more, but it’s a bit more pricey.
3. The dollar sign stencil was $3 – bought it from the same place as the paint brush.
4. The cutting board! I confess…I didn’t actually buy this item recently. I bought it in Amsterdam a couple months back, but I really, really like it. And I thought you might too. It’s made by one of my fave brands, HAY.
5. A black enamel vintage pitcher. There’s a little rust near the mouth, but it was $6, so I’m pretty sure I can deal with it.
I haven’t been much of a pinata kind of girl over the years, BUT you’d be amazed by what I can be convinced of once I slap some googly eyes on something. And that’s exactly what I did, so now I’m pretty fond of this guy. His name is Larry.
Which item is your favorite? What kinds of pieces do you love shopping for most? I’d love to hear!