I love that visual inspiration is right at our fingertips – on Instagram, Pinterest, etc. BUT sometimes my eyes need a break from a screen and I just have to go offline for inspiration.
Lots of times that involves a quick walk around the neighborhood or putting together a new style guides (which I physically hang up around the studio). But other times, I just want to open up an actual real life book – gasp! (not on an iPad or Kindle) for inspiration.
SO, I’m starting a little series that’s geared towards inspirational books and periodicals that are my go-tos for offline inspiration. They’ll be broken down into categories, like books for the interiors lover, the coolest magazines for creatives, etc, etc. And most are Amazon Prime! Are you into this idea?! Let me know because I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Click through for my fave books and magazines for home decor inspiration…
1. Scandinavia Dreaming by Angel Trinidad
2. The Creative Home by Geraldine James
3. Surf Shack: Laid-Back Living by the Water
4. Faculty Department by Justin Chung
5. The Seaside House: Living on the Water
6. Styled by Emily Henderson
7. Studio: Creative Spaces for Creative People by Sally Coulthard
8. The Monocle Guide to Cosy Homes
9. Milk Decoration
10. The Kinfolk Home: Interiors for Slow Living
11. Simply Styling by Kirsten Grove
12. Remodelista by Julie Carlson
13. Wonder Plants: Your Urban Jungle Interior by Irene Schampaert
14. Bright Bazaar: Embracing Color for Make-You-Smile Style by Will Taylor
15. Urban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants
16. Modern Retro Home by Jason Grant
17. The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney
18. The Shopkeeper’s Home by Caroline Rowland
19. Domino: Your Guide to a Stylish Home
20. Monochrome Home by Hilary Robertson
21. Shades of Grey by Kate Watson-Smyth
22. The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes
23. Case Study Houses by Elizabeth Smith
24. Design*Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney
What home decor / interiors books do you have on your shelf right now? Did I miss any of your favorites?! Let me know. And if you have a book category you’d like me to explore for next time, let me know that too.
Top image via Muuto
SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave
6 comments | Click here to reply
What a source of inspiration. I might take you up on these!KMP Furniture Blog
Just added a bunch of them to my wishlist! Such great inspo!
What a wonderful collection! I’m always looking for new inspiration! I’m kind of missing my German interior magazines and it’s wonderful to find out about some good new ones. Thanks for sharing …
Ginger by Choice I Food & Lifestyle BlogGINGER BY CHOICE I FOOD & LIFESTYLE BLOG
Beautiful! thanks for sharingThe pink pineapple
New post: http://thepinkpineappleblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/lecciones-de-moda-que-nos-dejo-los.html
These books look sooo dreamy! I love the look of The New Bohemians Handbook and Simply Styling – looks like I need to get myself on Amazon. Thanks for another great post.
Holly from The Art of Being HollyHolly
I want them all! But I guess then I’d have to redecorate my place every two weeks haha!Michelle