01/08/14
24 comments Make This: The $2 Mini Message Bouquet DIY by   |   24 comments

bouquet on a budget //  costs $2

It’s not exactly a secret that I have a love affair of sorts with flowers.

The only downside, really, is that it can get expensive fast. And I happen to be most drawn to flowers that are pricey, for some reason. So I can break the bank without even trying. And I do on the regular.

But I do like a budget challenge as much as the next DIY girl, so I try to come up with affordable flower projects as often as possible. You know, when I’m not covering a three foot tall ampersand in piano garden roses or creating a hanging pendant light covered in calla lilies and dahlias.

Which is why, I’m happy to report that today’s flower DIY pretty much takes the cake on the budget scale. It costs $2 to make! And the flowers are store bought, not picked from my imaginary garden. The trick is using filler flowers, instead of larger blooms, and keeping it small. Super small.

DIY Flowers // secret message bouquet

My favorite part about these little bouquets though, aside from the price, is the secret message. It’s a nice surprise for whomever you decide to give these little bundles to. Once the newspaper is unwrapped from the bouquet, the message is revealed. Surprise!

I think these bouquets would be cool alternatives to standard thank you cards, Valentine’s Day gifts/ greeting cards, weddings, etc.

$2 mini DIY bouquet

making a mini bouquet for $2

make a two dollar budget bouquet

You can see the full tutorial and more photos on Project Wedding.

Think you’ll make some of these little guys? What messages can you think of that would be fun to unveil?

This entry is filed under , , , , , , , .
24 comments to Make This: The $2 Mini Message Bouquet DIY Click here to reply

So adorable!

YOLONDA WASHINGTON commented on January 8th, 2014 at 11:19 am

Thanks Yolanda.

papernstitch commented on January 8th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

This is adorable! I love the “Will you be my bridesmaid?” message/idea!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..#MeetTheMindells: Our Proposal Story + Plans Begin!

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on January 8th, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Thanks Kel. I think I’m going to circle back to this idea for birthdays or hostess gifts.

papernstitch commented on January 8th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

really beautiful DIY!!! and so easy to do!!!

DIY ON MY BLOG
STEL STYLE recently posted..DIY – Dots in your Glass

STEL STYLE commented on January 8th, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Well thank Stel. Definitely a very easy project, but still one that looks thoughtful and sweet to whoever you give the bouquet to.

papernstitch commented on January 8th, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Wow, Brittni, this is fantastic! I LOVE the secret message idea. And, I would love to not only give but also RECEIVE a bouquet like this (too bad my beau doesn’t read blogs). Beautiful!
Marlene recently posted..The 100th Post!

Marlene commented on January 8th, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Thanks Marlene. I really appreciate that. By the way, loved that recent DIY you did for new years…the ‘Kiss Me at Midnight’ garland. Hope your new year is off to a good start.

papernstitch commented on January 8th, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Haha I’m with Marlene on this one…I need to ‘inadvertently’ leave this post open for my husband to see. I love your floral posts, they’re always so beautiful. The secret message is such a cute idea!
Hannah recently posted..20 Breads: Olive breadsticks…

Hannah commented on January 9th, 2014 at 4:43 am

Haha. You totally should Hannah! Maybe he’ll get the hint. It really is easy enough for a guy to recreate, even if he’s not especially creative. Good luck. :)

papernstitch commented on January 9th, 2014 at 4:47 am

Thank you Brittni, that is so sweet! :) Happy New Year to you too!
Marlene recently posted..How to Make a Totally Removable Honeycomb Wall Decal

Marlene commented on January 9th, 2014 at 9:19 am

Simple but cute! I love it!
Annie recently posted..7 ways to become financially savvy in 2014

Annie commented on January 9th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

So cute! Let’s just hope no one throws them out before they get the message!
Stacia recently posted..4 Simple Goals Recap

Stacia commented on January 9th, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Thanks Annie. And Stacia, I hope so too. I think the chances are pretty good considering the flowers have to be unwrapped to put them in a vase. And if the message is big enough, it will be hard to miss.

papernstitch commented on January 10th, 2014 at 1:07 am

So cute! This would be great for Valentine’s Day too (with a secret love note inside), or for a kid to bring to school for his/her teachers. Always great ideas from you Brittni!

Ellie commented on January 10th, 2014 at 2:44 am

[…] Say Yes to Hoboken mountain clock || Fabric Paper Glue ribbon twist-ties || Paper & Stitch secret message bouquet […]

Make It Friday: Time Flies Jade and Fern commented on January 10th, 2014 at 1:54 pm

This is absolutely adorable! I love the size!

xx
alex recently posted..Watercolor Printable Calendar DIY

alex commented on January 11th, 2014 at 10:31 pm

This is adorable! I am definitely going to try this soon. Such a sweet, little something to show you care.
Monica recently posted..Should little girls wear heels?

Monica commented on January 13th, 2014 at 1:11 am

[…] Say it with flowers – what an easy and adorable way to ask someone to be your bridesmaid! […]

Monthly Roundup: Best links for January | Belle & ChicBelle & Chic commented on January 31st, 2014 at 6:53 am

[…] Offrir des fleurs à la Saint Valentin… Ok vous connaissez. Mais ici papernstitchblog.com vous propose de réaliser un joli bouquet de petites fleurs des champs, bien plus modestes et […]

4 jolies idées de cadeau à fabriquer pour la Saint Valentin | Le Blog Magazine de Georges - AlloCadeau.comLe Blog Magazine de Georges – AlloCadeau.com commented on February 13th, 2014 at 5:54 am

[…] Az ötletért köszönet:papernstitchblog […]

365/291. ötlet - Bokrétába rejtett üzenet | homeLOVEhomeLOVE commented on February 28th, 2014 at 5:05 am

I love this idea so much, the flowers you choose, the littleness of it, the paper, the message.. I love it all!
Julie recently posted..Washi Tape Berry Boxes

Julie commented on March 23rd, 2014 at 11:33 am

[…] a lot of beautiful spring-y DIY projects lately. Here are a few you should definitely try out: Mini Message Bouquet | Paper & Stitch String Gardens | Fedor van der Valk String Gardnes Faceted Egg Cups | […]

A Few Things: Spring | The Merrythought commented on March 25th, 2014 at 2:45 pm

[…] in the past. Some of my past tutorials for bouquets include: budget friendly spring bouquet, mini message bouquet DIY, and Mother’s Day bouquet. Then secure with floral tape. Cut the stems at the bottoms so they […]

Make This: DIY Bouquet Bombing Surprise | Paper & Stitch commented on April 8th, 2014 at 10:08 am