06/16/14
37 comments Make This: Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches by   |   37 comments

Donut Ice Cream Sandwich

It’s no secret that I’m a fan of donut DIYs. And I’ve been known to make an ice cream sandwich or two in my day too. But at some point, a girl just wants a donut AND some ice cream too. Clearly, sweets are my vice.

So, I combine the two and made a few DIY donut ice cream sandwiches. Oh man, were they delicious.

I used glazed donuts and colorful ice creams (black cherry chip and mint chocolate chip) to make each sandwich look a little more exciting. Not that you need more excitement with donut ice cream sandwiches.

Delicious Dessert // Donut Ice Cream Sandwich

Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches

Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches!

I don’t have any step by step photos of this one because the ice cream started melting so fast. BUT I don’t think you need instructional photos for this one anyway…it couldn’t be any easier.

All you do is slice a donut in half, like a hamburger bun, add ice cream, and eat up. You can put these in the freezer to keep them cool until you’re ready to serve, but that will also harden your donuts. SO another option would be to pre-scoop ice cream onto plates and pop them in the freezer. Then when you’re ready, you can transfer the pre-scooped ice cream onto donuts and enjoy. Thank you to Sarah for that tip!

Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches with Cherry Chocolate Chip + Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Ice Cream Sandwiches with Donuts

Make these Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches this Weekend

Glazed Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches

What do you think? Will you make some donut ice cream sandwiches for dessert soon? Or is the sweet factor too over the top on this one?

P.S. Looking for more donut DIYs? Check out my hand painted watermelon donuts and ombre / color blocked donuts.

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
37 comments to Make This: Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches Click here to reply

Oh my God, my mouth is all watery!! hahah this is so good. Combining both of my favourite things. Definitely something i’ll try! Thank you for sharing
Corina nika recently posted..AT THE MOMENT: A PERFECT SUNDAY

Corina nika commented on June 16th, 2014 at 9:10 am

Haha. Thanks Corina. Definitely give it a try.

Brittni commented on June 16th, 2014 at 9:30 am

I didn’t think I could love doughnuts more, but then I read your post. SO MUCH YUM!!
Casey recently posted..Reflection

Casey commented on June 16th, 2014 at 9:42 am

Definitely a lot of yum happening in this post, Casey. :)

Brittni commented on June 16th, 2014 at 10:00 am

This is one of the best idea’s…EVER!!

Jessica Rose recently posted..Bumble & Bumble Styling Products

Jessica Rose commented on June 16th, 2014 at 10:02 am

Thanks Jessica!

Brittni commented on June 16th, 2014 at 11:00 am

It looks so tasty!!!! I’ll try it!

Oh! My accessories commented on June 16th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Great! Let me know how it turns out. Would love to hear how you like it.

Brittni commented on June 16th, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Oh my Go! This must be fucking delicious!!!

My Blog: Sarisfashion.com
Love,

Sarisfashion commented on June 16th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

You are evil for putting such a delicious idea into our minds. I can’t wait to try these!

xo Rachel

Rachel from Rose Tinted Home commented on June 16th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I love ice cream! I would make this with a donut croissant!

Shutterbug commented on June 16th, 2014 at 2:19 pm

These look beautiful and delicious!! :) They would be so cute for a bridal or baby shower. :)
Stacia recently posted..Adam + Kayla: A Lord of the Rings Inspired Affair

Stacia commented on June 16th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Oh god. I think I just gained so many calories looking at the pictures in this post. They look absolutely sinful! I’m also really impressed that you managed to take such great shots for saying ice cream super fast.

I don’t think I’ll be trying this anytime soon as doughnuts aren’t my thing really but thinking about some Krispy Kremes… *floats off into a world of food imagination….*

Mel

Mel commented on June 16th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

These look and sound amazing – I will have to pin them later to try!
Kelly recently posted..Style Icon: Blake Lively

Kelly commented on June 16th, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Never thought about donuts and ice cream together, but it looks really tasty! Thanks for the awesome idea :)

Eve Stanley commented on June 17th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

[…] via paper & stitch..it’s a DIY on how to make them!! […]

Pins I’m Loving | Dream Till Green commented on June 19th, 2014 at 3:06 pm

[…] week, I made some donut ice cream sandwiches, overhauled an old television cart, tidied up my workspace, and put a […]

7 DIYs to Try This Weekend | Paper and Stitch commented on June 20th, 2014 at 8:01 am

[…] Donut ice cream sandwiches for dessert.  Wouldn’t these be so delicious?  This is one sugar hit I’m going to try at my next dinner party.  So simple yet such a great idea.  You can see the full post here. […]

My Top 5 Ideas To Steal - The Stylist Splash commented on June 21st, 2014 at 10:03 am

[…] know these donut ice cream sandwiches aren’t really a craft…but they’re […]

Fun Stuff • Peter Pan Collars + New Emojis + Pink Cacti | The Pink SamuraiThe Pink Samurai commented on June 21st, 2014 at 10:04 am

[…] I want to eat donut ice cream sandwiches! […]

huzzah! : CAKIES commented on June 21st, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Looks amazing!

natalie commented on June 22nd, 2014 at 10:14 am

[…] I think that this looks like an amazing way to overdose on sugar but also to combine the best of both worlds of ice cream and donuts! This may […]

Friday 5 | hello krista. commented on June 27th, 2014 at 6:18 am

[…] [Find the Recipe at Paper & Stitch] […]

The Style Trunk Classic Summer Desserts commented on June 28th, 2014 at 3:55 am

Hi Brittni,

Can i use your donut/icecream photo’s for an article on my website?
All credits will go to your blog!

Stephanie

Stephanie MK commented on June 28th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Yes, you can Stephanie. Thanks for asking. I just ask that you use no more than one photo and link directly to this blog post, not the homepage. Thanks for your support.

Brittni commented on June 28th, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Hi Brittin,

We’d love to feature these on Mail Online. All credits will go top your blog. Please let me know if you’re happy for us to take pics from here.

Thanks so much,

Scarlett

Scarlett commented on June 29th, 2014 at 9:15 am

Hi Scarlett. Thanks for asking. Yes, you can feature my donuts. I just ask that you use no more than one photo and link directly to this blog post, not the homepage. If you have any questions, please email me at brittni@papernstitch.com for more info regarding photos, etc. Thanks for your support.

Brittni commented on June 29th, 2014 at 11:32 am

There’s actually an ice cream store that first started this idea. They are called Afters Ice Cream and is currently located in Fountain Valley, CA. The best thing is, the ice cream is actually SEALED inside the donut.

Kathy commented on July 1st, 2014 at 6:50 am

Oh wow! That sounds amazing, Kathy. Sounds like I need to take a trip to Fountain Valley. :)

Brittni commented on July 1st, 2014 at 12:22 pm

[…] the thick, lucious brownies that SugarHero! uses in her recipe, or the donuts, yes, donuts, that Paper and Stitch uses in […]

Mouth-watering ice cream sandwiches - Savvy Sassy Moms commented on July 3rd, 2014 at 10:33 am

[…] remedies :: International etiquette rules :: 6 Steps to turn strangers into connections :: Donut ice cream sandwiches :: And a piglet trying to get down the stairs (of […]

Lovely & Unrelated | lark&linenlark&linen commented on July 4th, 2014 at 3:06 am

these look like a life altering experience. seriously beautiful photos, and gorgeous colors!

adrian @ the food gays commented on July 6th, 2014 at 6:03 pm

[…] led to me combining two things I love into one of the most decadent combos ever, aside from this combo, of course: coffee ice cream and […]

Make This: Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles | Paper and Stitch commented on July 7th, 2014 at 10:15 am

Thank you, Adrian.

Brittni commented on July 7th, 2014 at 10:17 am

OMG! I craved these while I
was pregnant. I pictured mine with bubblegum ice cream. I have never seen these in real-life. Hilarious!

Kathleen commented on July 10th, 2014 at 9:55 pm

[…] More ice cream DIYs here, including one of my most popular DIYs to date (donut ice cream sandwiches). […]

Make This: Gold Leaf Embellished Cookies + Ice Cream Sandwiches | Paper and Stitch commented on July 14th, 2014 at 8:00 am

[…] {Doughnut Ice Cream Sandwiches from Paper & Stitch} […]

Happy National Ice Cream Day! | Treats and Trends commented on July 20th, 2014 at 12:14 pm