Halloween is only ten days away, which means it’s time for a giant DIY Halloween costume roundup for anyone that’s considering making their own get-up in time for October 31st. There were SO many fun ideas this year. I can’t even believe how hard everyone killed it in the DIY Halloween costume department.
There were so many good ones, it was hard to narrow ’em down. So, I ended up with 24 costumes on the list! With that many DIY Halloween costumes, you’re pretty much guaranteed to find one that you like (and feel confident in making). Let’s get to it…
1. Amelia and I made this DIY bird costume for Curbly this year. The whole thing is made out of cardboard and paper (with a couple pieces of ribbon for good measure)! So if you need a budget-friendly costume option, this one might be a good place to start.
2. How clever is this DIY Sia costume, from Brit + Co. If you’re currently rocking a blonde bob, this one would be a SUPER simple idea to try as a costume this year.
3. A DIY cactus costume from Studio DIY! Need I say more?
4. If pop culture is you thing, this Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris couples costume from Say Yes is a good one. How cute are these models, by the way?!
5. If you’re been dreaming of becoming a Pop Tart for Halloween, I’m about to make your dreams come true. Or give you nightmares, either one. If you have a sheet of cardboard and some paint, you can make this costume!
6. Try this DIY jailbird costume using a striped outfit you probably already have in your closet. From Brit + Co.
7. If you’re an art lover, try this Matisse paper cut outs costume from Lindsey Crafter. Clever right?
8. This llama costume is the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen, from Mer Mag. And it’s made of cardboard (which you’ll see if a fairly popular costume supply in this roundup).
10. The Golden Girls will always have my heart, and it looks like that’s how the girls over at A Beautiful Mess feel too with an awesome group costume.
11. A Jimmy Fallon and The Roots costume from The House That Lars Built! So fun for a group (and would work for kids and adults).
12. Kelly’s costume ideas are SO good. I can’t even handle it. This one is probably my all time fave from her this year: DIY cereal bowl. Tutorial on Studio DIY.
13. Oh, you know…nothing to see here. Just a GIANT cotton candy costume from A Subtle Revelry.
14. A lollipop costume for all the sweet tooth out there, from Oh Happy Day..
15. And this was the last in the series of 3 costumes I made for Curbly. This was a group effort again, with Amelia, and it’s for a DIY Cleopatra costume that utilizes a white dress I already had in my closet, some leather scraps and a few other things.
16. I loved Lisa Frank when I was a kid, so the fact that Kelly from Studio DIY did these throwback Lisa Frank costumes blew my mind (in a good way). See all the 3 Lisa Frank inspired options on Studio DIY. The dog is my favorite.
17. When I saw this Lars and the Real Girl costume from Ashley and Jared of Sugar & Cloth, I think I shouted (out loud) NAILED IT. This one just makes me crack up and I love these two so much (we’re going on vacation with them next week actually, so I must really love them).
18. That Brittany from The House That Lars Built is a clever one! How cute is this DIY crayon costume she made? Another great group option!
19. So good! A DIY Pac Man costume from The Effortless Chic.
20. Jeff loves Star Wars, so this costume from Say Yes might be a good one for us to try one year (if I can ever convince him to dress up – ha).
21. If you’ve seen Mean Girls more than once, you already know where this Studio DIY costume is from.
22. Love this pretzel costume from Oh Happy Day.
24. And finally, this couple’s costume is one of my absolute faves: The Grand Budapest Hotel from Sugar & Cloth. So cute, right?
For even more DIY costume ideas, check out another roundup I did (with different costumes) right here.