No carve pumpkin decorating ideas that are modern, cool, and easy to execute. There are 38 pumpkins designs on the list, so you’re bound to find at least a couple that fit your style.
Carving pumpkins can be a mess…and maybe even a little dangerous if you’ve never used a carving hand saw. Which is why every Halloween, I search for new no carve pumpkin ideas to try instead of picking up a carving tool. Who’s with me?
Every pumpkin becomes a tiny canvas when you opt for pumpkin designs that don’t involve a knife. Right?! So, it’s no surprise that I gravitate towards Halloween pumpkin ideas that use paint, stencils, stickers, fabric, tissue paper…and well, anything else you can think of (as long as it’s not carved). And because I’m obsessed with no carve pumpkin ideas, I rounded up a whole bunch of my favorites to share: 38 of the most modern, cool looking DIY pumpkins I could find!
Want to take a peek and try some of these pumpkin decorating ideas with me this Halloween?
38 No Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
Monochromatic Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
1. How about these Moon Phase Pumpkins from Homemade Banana? Click to see all the phases lined up on her porch. They’re definitely something to howl about.
2. These sweet DIY Tiny Terrazzo from Ctrl + Curate are so sweet and would make a super cute centerpiece. You can also try the same pumpkin painting idea on larger pumpkins too for the front porch.
3. These DIY Moon and Stars Pumpkins from Oh So Beautiful Paper remind me a little bit of the moon and stars baby costume I made for Hayes last year. Doing both would make for an adorable Halloween photo, don’t you think?
4. Here’s a super neat Optical Illusions Pumpkin from Martha Stewart! It would be cool to try making these in different colors for a colorful pumpkin porch.
5. You think you’d be able to paint those small details? Lovely Indeed shows you how to make these DIY Paint Pen Pattern No Carve Pumpkins.
6. These DIY Flying Letter Painted Pumpkins from The Beauty Dojo are super easy and really minimal for those looking for a simple, but pretty way to decorate their pumpkins. Make it a little interesting by creating hidden messages in each pumpkin by scrambling the letters to a secret phrase!
7. Here’s a creepy and cool way to decorate your pumpkins. Pottery Barn shows you how to make these dripping wax no carve pumpkins.
8. I love this Winking Eye Pumpkin from Idle Hands Awake! She includes a template which makes this a really easy option!
Quirky, Colorful Pumpkin Decorating
9. These DIY Pun-Kins (get it?) from Studio DIY are so punny (last one, I promise). Can you think of any other Halloween puns?
10. If you haven’t already tried out my Creepy Cat Eye No Carve Pumpkins, this might be the year. These are probably one of the easiest pumpkin designs in this list which makes it perfect to do if you’re short on time or decorating with kids.
11. Want to have the whole world in your hands? If you’re good with a paint brush, The Globe Pumpkin from Martha Stewart would be a fun pumpkin to try.
12. These DIY Matisse-Inspired Pumpkins from Oh So Beautiful Paper are so cute and super kid-friendly.
13. If you already have a letter board, these Letterboard Pumpkins from A Girl and a Glue Gun are really easy and look great too. You can write out a few different phrases, or make a whole message using a few pumpkins.
14. How cute are these Painted Party Pumpkins from Handmade Charlotte? These festive pumpkin buddies make the perfect party-goers for your Halloween bash.
15. Looking for a quick pumpkin decorating ideas? My Balloon Dipped Pumpkins DIY is a super quick no carve pumpkin idea that takes 60 seconds or less to make.
16. This pumpkin is decorated with, believe it or not, paper brads! A Subtle Revelry gives us a few easy Office Supply Pumpkin Designs that are super easy and use things you might already have around the house.
Minimal, Modern Pumpkin Decorating
17. For some sparkle, try these DIY Sequin Polka Dot Pumpkins from Sugar and Cloth. Mix it up by using different color sequins or painting your pumpkins different colors.
18. I love these DIY Mud Cloth Pumpkins from Homey Oh My. I especially love these color combos. I think this pattern would look so pretty with mustard yellow and a rusty red too. What colors would you use?
19. Homey Oh My also made these cute DIY Patterned Pumpkins. I love that triangle confetti pumpkin!
20. How about these DIY Halloween Pumpkins with Painted Dashes from Dream Green DIY? I adore this color pallet!
21. These Painted Pumpkins from Harper’s Bazaar are a modern take on the classic carved pumpkins, but SO much easier!
22. You can make these DIY Brushstroke Pumpkins from The Merrythought with a few different color combos, but I do like the neutral color combo she used.
23. Channel your inner Jackson Pollock with these DIY Paint Splatted Pumpkins from Homey Oh My. Not only are they a modern way to decorate your pumpkins, they’re super easy to make and are kid friendly (if you have a tarp or do them outside, of course).
24. How pretty is this DIY Cathrineholm Pumpkin from Vitamini Handmade inspired by the Scandinavian mid century enamelware? Search Cathrineholm for some color combo inspiration for more pumpkin painting ideas.
Playful Pumpkin Decorating
25. These little DIY Happy Pumpkins from The Crafted Life are so sweet and take less than 10 minutes to make!
26. How cute are these DIY Rattan Pumpkins from Idle Hands Awake? Try painting the caning black for a creepier version or white to look like spider webs.
27. Another simple, but really pretty no carve pumpkin idea is this DIY Gold Initial Pumpkin from Alice and Lois.
28. I still really love these DIY No Carve Watercolor Pumpkins I did a few years ago that can be painting in any combination of colors to coordinate with different decorated pumpkins. What colors would you use?
29. The House that Lars Built has done it again with these beautiful DIY Rainbow Pumpkins. These would be perfect for a really big porch, or you can use small pumpkins for smaller spaces.
30. For those in more tropical locations (or those who like a little quirk when it comes to Halloween decor) these DIY Fruit Pumpkins from Style Me Pretty are so cute!
Painted Pumpkin Decorating
31. These simple but cute DIY Minimal Shape Pumpkins from Almost Makes Perfect are so easy to paint! This would also be such a fun project for kids learning their shapes.
32. I’m swooning over these Painted Pastel Pumpkin Faces from The House that Lars Built that Michelle Christensen of My Little Belleville painted. These may be a little advanced for the average pumpkin painter, but they’re super inspiring!
33. I’m still all about that trick or treat life since I made these No Carve Paint Pen Pumpkins that are scary easy.
34. These Marbled Indigo Pumpkins from Alice and Lois are so pretty. Try making them with grey or green nail polish for a witchy/smokey look.
35. The rainbow trend is everywhere so why not put it on a pumpkin? These DIY Rainbow Painted Pumpkins from A Bubbly Life are precious and that color combo is so fun!
36. How about these Tissue Paper Decoupage Pumpkins from Think. Make. Share.? If you pre-cut the shapes, this could be a fun project for younger kids.
37. These No Carve Pastel Pumpkins from The Sweetest Digs are a quick and easy way to add some spook to a cute pumpkin painting idea. What words would you write?
38. Try this trendy Pantone Pumpkin Painting idea from Posh Little Designs with the Pantone Color of the Year!
There you have it! It’ll be hard for me not to try them all. I definitely think Hayes would be into sticking paper brads into a pumpkin like number 36. I really want to try out Matisse inspired pumpkins in number 4.
Which one is your favorite of these pumpkin decorating ideas? I’d be really curious to hear if anyone tries some of these pumpkin decorating ideas. Let me know how they turned out!