If you’ve been eyeballing the calendar lately, you know that Mother’s Day is coming up real soon (this Sunday). So, I thought I’d roundup some of my favorite DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas, while you still actually have time to make them.
All of the projects are easy AND budget-friendly (nothing that costs over $20 to make). So let’s get to it…
1. (above) Bake Mom a cake and add a DIY message cake topper.
2. One of my favorites for any occasion…. a giant DIY flower blocked bouquet. Use Wildflowers to keep this giant bouquet under budget.
3. Try this simple hack for toasted marshmallow macaron sandwiches.
4. Dip dye some woven decorative baskets in a color that your mom loves.
5. Whip up a DIY concrete vase for the flowers you plan to buy for the occasion.
6. These scented soy DIY candles would be the perfect gift.
7. Add a surprising piece of art to a card to Mom with these DIY watercolor envelope liners.
8. Gift some succulents with these faux metal planters for less than $5 a piece.
9. Delve into these DIY candied blood oranges (you can use any seasonal citrus).
10. Whip up a ‘make you day’ bouquet in a pinch.
11. Try these easy DIY votives on a budget.
12. Spray a set of custom ombre stationery.
13. Paint some watercolor meringues for a Mother’s Day brunch.
14. Try a DIY bouquet bombing. Hit the doorbell and run.
15. Create a Mother’s Day snail mail message with this painted envelope idea.
16. Toss together a quick treat for any occasion with these meringue candy cups.
17. Does your mom like to entertain? Make a set of unique inkblot napkins for her. Or for the cook…switch the technique to tea towels.
18. Make these mini DIY jewelry dishes and you’ll have enough money left over to buy a little jewelry to go inside.
19. Bring a homemade fresh floral wreath to Mom that she can hang on her front door (on even indoors).
20. Make a batch of color blocked chocolate with edible flower sprinkles. This one is so easy! And delicious.
21. Create a DIY fresh flower bracelet and then take Mom out for a little lunch.
What do you have planned for Mother’s Day? Are you gifting something handmade to your mama this year?
11 comments | Click here to reply
[…] I shared a whole lot of DIYs for Mother’s Day, but I couldn’t resist popping in with one last quick and easy idea before Sunday hits. This […]How to Make DIY Lip Balm with Just Two Ingredients - Paper and Stitch
[…] I shared a whole lot of DIYs for Mother’s Day, but I couldn’t resist popping in with one last quick and easy idea before Sunday hits. This […]How to Make DIY Lip Balm with Just Two Ingredients | Paper and Stitch
Some great ideas! Definitely going to try some.Arora
Though I’m a bit confused, it may sound a bit stupid but i thought mothers day was in March? Even so, definitely saving this post for future reference!
man girl! You are so prolific!Brittany
These are all such sweet ideas! Great post 🙂
Aw, thanks Kel. I would make those macaron marshmallow sandwiches for every occasion if people didn’t think I was crazy. 🙂Brittni
You have so many awesome ideas for Mother’s Day, B! Holy moly. I especially love the flower ones and that macaron marshmallow situation. HELLO! Yum.Kelly @ Studio DIY
Oh yes. You should totally make a batch of those Elise…even if it’s just with regular oranges.Brittni
Those candied blood oranges – yes please!
Totally, Paige. I’d say that’s completely fair game. 🙂Brittni
Those macron marshmallow sandwiches look amazing… your allowed to make treats just for yourself on Mother’s Day right?