In case you were wondering, yes, the houseplant trend is still going strong, and yes, I’m okay with it. Although I’m glad we’ve graduated from the fiddle leaf frenzy (don’t get me wrong, my fiddle leaf gives me life!) just because there are too many fun plants out there to stick to just one type.
I literally could go on and on about all the varieties, but we’ll save that for another post…For now, I’ve rounded up 23 super unique DIY planters and pots to spruce up the the plant babies you already have. Spring is the perfect time to repot, resoil, and refresh your plants, after all. Click through for all 23 DIY planter ideas.
1. This DIY is a hanging planter Target hack, and it’ll only set you out about $5!
3. Totem planters are so in right now, so of course this DIY outdoor totem planter made the list!
4. Sarah Sherman Samuel’s plant stand makeover prove that there’s really nothing a little copper spray paint and rope can’t fix. Also, this confirms that I need a blush sofa…
5. You can make these DIY concrete planters in minutes, yes, minutes!
6. A trio of simple cube wall planters like these ones from Craftifair would look great in just about any space.
7. I love these Japanese string garden inspired planters from Designlovefest. They’re a perfect way to display orchids and other more exotic greens, which make for a nice break from the usual succulents and monsteras.
8. Hang on to your empty lotion bottles because they make for great recycled succulent planters.
9. You really can’t go wrong with classic terra cotta, but adding a quick painted pattern keeps them feeling a little more unique. Check out the tutorial over on Designlovefest.
10. Staghorn ferns make for amazing wall art, so of course this DIY from Oh Honey Blog is a must-try.
11. Keep it simple, with a polka dot planter with some personality from Oh Joy.
12. This colorful boho fringe planter idea from Apartment Therapy makes a great home for monsteras, and is easily customizable to fit your home decor, which of course I’m a fan of.
13. This plant stand project from The Merrythought is probably one of the easiest on the list, and I wish I had thought of it first.
14. This project has still got to be one of my favorite plant projects. Learn how to make colored plaster mini planters perfect for succulent trimmings and baby cacti. Side note: these make amazing wedding center pieces and favors!
15. If you love the look of ceramics, but not so much the price, check out these DIY Faux ceramic hanging planters from Burkatron.
16. Here’s another money-saver: make these upcycled DIY planters for about $2 each using a very unique material
17. These midcentury modern planters from Sugar & Cloth are a dream, and super easy to make.
18. Give generic metal pots and planters a makeover with a simple spray paint enamel hack.
19. There are a ton of wooden plant stands projects out there, but I love how The Lovely Drawer added an extra touch with the geometric thread design.
20. Save yourself some serious pennies with these DIY faux copper geometric planters.
21. Make an entire plant stand with coordinating painted pots for the ultimate plant display like this project from Enter My Attic. Also, can we please talk about this shade of green?
22. Give your airplants a nice perch with this minimal but eye-catching DIY from Homey Oh My.
23. Convert a candle container into a planter when you’ve used up the last of it, with this easy planter hack.
What plant-related projects are you planning to take on this season? And what are some of your favorite houseplants to grow?