With a little over a week until Christmas, I wanted to put together a really big list of DIY gift ideas for the holidays before it gets too late. Only 2 weekends left! How is that even possible?!
I may have gotten a little carried away though because I almost fell asleep putting it together. Ha! For real though! There are so many good DIY gift ideas on the list this year – 63 projects to be exact! So there will be no excuse for not finding something to make for a friend or family member this holiday season.
Alright, roll up those sleeves and open up that crafting drawer! Here are 63 really good DIY gift ideas for the holiday season! P.S. I’m also dying to know what your favorite gift you ever received is! I shared mine after the jump, and I’d love to hear yours too.
Okay, before we jump into the big list of DIY holiday gifts, I want to ask you: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GIFT THAT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?! I’m truly dying to know! I’m always so curious to know what personal stories people share for this question. And I’ll even go first, so that you don’t feel intimidated.
Here’s mine… My favorite gift that I’ve ever received was one that Jeff made for me on my birthday. He’s probably going to be so embarrassed that I’m sharing this, but here’s the story… We’d been dating for about a year at that point, and already living together. Clearly, not the traditional couple around here. Ha! And he hand lettered a little poster for me, that said all these really sweet things, with some drawings and doodles too. We met in an art class, so these kinds of things were especially fitting at the time.
He hung it on the wall after I went to sleep, so it would be hanging up in the morning. And it was the sweetest thing to wake up to. And by far my favorite gift ever. Now, it may not sound like much to get worked up over. I don’t think I’m doing it justice in describing, so that’s my fault. But I still think about it to this day. I kick myself ALL the time over the fact that I don’t still have it. I think it got lost in one of our many moves over the years. But I’ll always have that memory at least.
Your turn! What’s your pick for your all-time favorite gift you’ve received?! Let me know in the comments below. And while you’re thinking about it…
Here’s that list of 63 DIY holiday gifts I promised:
2. DIY mini beaded rings from Fall for DIY
3. DIY woven leather basket from Hello Glow
5. DIY pom pom earrings from Honestly WTF
6. DIY concrete photo holder (also works as a paperweight)
8. upper ring finger DIY from A Pair and a Spare
10. brass ring hanging planter DIY from A Beautiful Mess
11. DIY grapefruit sugar scrub from Fall for DIY
12. DIY statements tassels for bags, etc
13. DIY wire plant stand from The Merrythought
16. DIY macrame bag from A Pair and a Spare
18. DIY earring dome organizer from Almost Makes Perfect
19. DIY bug patch boots from Honestly WTF
20. DIY apron (sew it in 10 minutes)
21. DIY punch rug artwork from Fall for DIY
24. gold statement earrings DIY from A Beautiful Mess
25. DIY terrazzo soap for Fall for DIY
26. DIY gold leaf planters from Honestly WTF
28. DIY triangle leather pouch from Almost Makes Perfect
30. denim clutch DIY
31. DIY wire portrait from The House that Lars Built
33. DIY weekender / gym bag from A Beautiful Mess
36. DIY weaving loom (in two sizes)
38. DIY color blocked clock from Almost Makes Perfect
39. DIY dyed hankies (and anything else you can think to dye)
41. DIY polymer knot paperweight from Fall for DIY
43. DIY skinny bow tie (for men and women)
47. DIY leather luggage tags from Almost Makes Perfect
48. DIY tassel earrings from A Pair and a Spare
49. DIY paper leather tote from Sugar & Cloth
50. DIY triangle mirror from The Merrythought
51. DIY good vibes clutch (a break down on DIY hand lettering)
53. DIY fruit earrings from The House that Lars Built
56. DIY linen eye mask from A Pair and a Spare
57. DIY earring stand from The Merrythought
58. DIY rainbow photo collage from Studio DIY
59. DIY mini planters (and how to dye plaster)
60. DIY beaded mittens from The House that Lars Built
63. DIY embroidered sweater from Lovely Indeed
Are you a fan of DIY gift ideas for the holidays?! What’s your pick for your all-time favorite gift you’ve received?!